University International Office In-Country Adviser (India)
The Business Development Consultant (India) will be working closely with the University of Portsmouth’s International Office, and will have a dual role:
- To promote the University of Portsmouth in India and recruit full-time students across all faculties and at all levels.
- To identify appropriate potential institutional and corporate links for University of Portsmouth’s Business School, with a view to increasing recruitment on to the faculty’s course portfolio, which includes the MBA and in-country training programmes.
Requirements of the Role
This post will be based in the Sannam S4 office in Mumbai. The post holder will need to have an excellent understanding, and ideally experience, of the UK higher education sector, either as a student or professionally, together with a proven ability to engage with prospective students, recruitment agencies, schools, colleges and universities, and business and professional organisations in India.
The post holder will be required to undertake significant independent travel around India and may be required to work evenings and weekends. The post holder will also be required to undertake periodic travel to the University of Portsmouth’s campus for briefing and debriefing. A willingness to travel extensively will be an essential requirement of this position. A flexible approach to working hours will also be required, as will the ability to work towards challenging targets efficiently and autonomously.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Increase student enrolment from India onto University of Portsmouth’s programmes by:
- attending education exhibitions
- making promotional presentations in schools, colleges and universities to students, staff, and parents
- conducting consultation sessions with prospective students, parents, teachers, and other key decision-makers and influencers
- developing and maintaining the University of Portsmouth’s alumni network in India and subsequently channeling the network towards student recruitment activities
- developing and maintaining PR links around India (with newspapers, TV and radio channels, etc.)
- implementing and developing digital marketing strategy through use of websites, blogs and social media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Blogger, etc.)
- developing market-specific promotional material (posters, flyers, insert, etc) when required, subject to the approval of the University of Portsmouth’s Marketing department, and take responsibility for delivery and distribution
2. Develop institutional links in India by:
- identifying appropriate institutions in India and explore potential partnership opportunity for the University of Portsmouth to in progression and articulation agreements, and initiating, developing and maintaining links with these institutions
- establishing and maintaining links with the HR departments of major commercial organisations in India with a view to accessing a pool of white-collar prospects for postgraduate programmes in University of Portsmouth’s Business School
- developing and maintaining links with industry with a view towards sourcing student work placements and graduate jobs in India for current University of Portsmouth students and for returning graduates of the University of Portsmouth
- developing and maintaining relationships with key contacts in education and government, including: school principals and counsellors; university lecturers, heads of department and vice chancellors; ministry officials, scholarship-awarding bodies
3. Act as a local contact for the University of Portsmouth’s network of recruitment agents in India by:
- briefing agents on the University of Portsmouth’s offer, and on its positioning and unique selling proposition
- establishing strong working relationships with the University of Portsmouth’s existing recruitment agencies around India, offering a rapid and efficient response to queries, and providing comprehensive support
- monitoring agents’ performance to ensure that expectations in terms of quality and recruitment are met, and that any under-performance is addressed
- submitting updates to the International Office regarding the performance and viability of existing recruitment agents
- recommending suitable new agents with viable potential to act as University of Portsmouth’s representatives
4. Manage spending and maintain accurate financial records of expenditure by:
- allocating and spending the marketing budget on agreed activities, in accordance with the University of Portsmouth’s financial standards and protocols, and under the guidance of the University of Portsmouth
- providing regular accurate forecasts of the cost of all promotional activities for consideration to the University of Portsmouth’s International Office
- monitoring expenditure, in conjunction with the Assistant International Officer, to ensure that all activity is carried out within agreed budgets, and suggest new activities that can be undertaken in line with the budgets
Key External Relationships
The post holder will be required to interact with a range of external contacts. Strong working relationships will be required with:
- British Council staff
- University of Portsmouth’s alumni
- Principals of schools and universities
- Teachers, careers counsellors, parents
- Human resource departments in the corporate sector
- Graduate training and development organisations and sponsors
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to be considered for a job at Sannam S4 or with any of its clients, please send your CV with an introduction letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.