International Recruitment Advisor – supporting Sannam S4′s client University of Bridgeport, USA
Sannam S4 has been selected to support the University of Bridgeport’s ambitious recruitment goals in India.
The International Recruitment Advisor will report to Sannam S4. The consultant will liaise with Client designee (staff in the Office of International Recruitment).
Overview of the role
“Representation” and Expertise
- “Represents” university in a way that reflects the mission and values of the institution.
- Must be knowledgeable in admissions requirements, scholarship programs, residence, fees and student services at Client.
- Undertakes periodic training and professional development to ensure knowledge is current.
- Familiar with visa requirements and the visa application process.
Assists with the implementation of university recruitment programs in India
- Conducts presentations at high schools, colleges, fairs, conferences and other venues about opportunities at university.
- Participates in the organization and evaluation of liaison events and programs.
- Supports and expands university agent network in India, including:
- Selecting professional agencies and managing contract process
- Providing training to new agents
- Liaising with existing agents on a regular basis
- Attending agent fairs
- Assists with the implementation of university promotional activities in India, including seeking out suitable new opportunities to develop “the university brand”.
- Establish alumni network and run regular alumni meetings.
- Participates in social media, building profile via appropriate social media channels as directed.
- Initiates and assists in the development of program and promotional materials for the Indian market. Translation of documents will be required. Writes newsletters, correspondence and other materials as required.
Extensive travel required
- Travels within India may be regularly required.
- Travel once or twice per year to the university may be required.
- In coordination with university liaison, manages in-India travel arrangements for university personnel, as requested.
- Accompany University personnel in India on official visits, as needed.
- Completes a monthly report on activities.
- Other duties as required by Sannam S4 Education Sector Leader.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or scientific discipline.
- Preferably a Master’s degree.
- Preferably some foreign study experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience in various facets of international education.
Typical Traits and Skills Required
- Excellent English fluency.
- Sound judgment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sound strategic and analytical skills.
- Tough and hard working.
- Mature, with good perspective.
- Time and stress management skills.
- “Ownership” of outcomes.
- The ability to anticipate and avoid problem.
About University of Bridgeport
The University of Bridgeport was founded in 1927 as the Junior College of Connecticut – the first junior college chartered by any legislature in the northeastern states. The Junior College of Connecticut became the University of Bridgeport in 1947. The University of Bridgeport offers career-oriented undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees and programs for people seeking personal and professional growth. The University promotes academic excellence, personal responsibility, and commitment to service. Distinctive curricula in an international, culturally diverse supportive learning environment prepare graduates for life and leadership in an increasingly interconnected world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to be considered for a job at Sannam S4 or with any of its clients, please send your CV with an introduction letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.